I consider myself fortunate to have enjoyed a varied and wide-ranging career path that includes digital marketing, broadcast journalism, customer service, and more.
In high school, I was involved in various extracurricular activities, including band, chorus, and drama. I was the editor of the yearbook, regular Teen Ink contributor, and one of only a handful of students selected to represent the school at Green Mountain Boys’ State.
My interest in journalism was piqued while working as a paperboy for the St. Albans Messenger — a newspaper to which I later contributed while still in high school.
I earned two degrees from Northern Vermont University, where I was proud to collaborate with other student journalists to research, write, report, and produce daily newscasts. Beyond mere campus happenings, these broadcasts served as the sole local television news outlet for the tri-county region.
Learning the Ropes
In Orlando, I worked at the Marconi award-winning WDBO (Cox Enterprises) where I served as News Anchor/Reporter/Producer. I later accepted the additional role of Website Producer — a new position I helped create.
Enterprise and Investigation
While at WDBO, I received the Florida Associated Press Award for Excellence in Broadcasting: Investigative Reporting.
Later, I created, produced, and hosted a successful series for radio, print, and online outlets. Soldier Stories featured weekly interviews with service men and women stationed in the Middle East.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
Daytona Beach, Florida
At ERAU, I applied my journalism and broadcast media experience toward written and graphic improvements for the University’s 12 websites, and was an instrumental team member in the restructuring and redesign of digital properties.
The collective, award-winning websites were prized and honored as powerful enrollment and marketing tools for the institution.
▶ Web Content Creator and User Experience (UX) Specialist
At Stetson, I helped:
- revitalize and redesign outdated websites
- unite the overall user experience to synergize with current and emerging trends, best practices, and industry standards
- generate renewed client interest and involvement in web publishing
Additionally, I fostered and guided improved working relationships with faculty, staff, and students; and created streamlined internal and external marketing communication methods and plans.
▶ Senior Marketing Copywriter and Web Content Creator
I currently create and promote unique written, voice-over, and web/social media content for various freelance and contract-based projects.
Restaurant and Retail
◦ country club server
◦ short-order cook/food preparation
◦ supermarket cashier/deli associate
◦ convenience store clerk/fuel attendant
◦ shoe salesman
◦ drive-in movie theater projectionist
◦ event concessions clerk
Youth & Education
◦ traffic safety course facilitator
◦ standardized test scoring evaluator
◦ day and summer camp counselor
◦ archery/sports instructor
◦ political campaign assistant
◦ call center agent (revenue services)
◦ lawn maintenance worker
◦ animal care professional
- performing music (piano, guitar, harmonica, tuba, and voice)
- community theatre (acting, set design/construction, lighting/sound)
- pleasure reading and creative writing
- building memories with friends and family
As a “history buff,” I also find joy in researching various topics — including politics, space exploration, ecology, genealogy, and World War Two.